What Is The Difference Between A Seller's And A Buyer's Market?
IT’S A SELLER’S MARKET!
IT’S A BUYER’S MARKET!
IT’S A BUYER’S & SELLER’S MARKET!
I mean, seriously. What does all the jargon even mean? What exactly IS a “buyer’s market” or a “seller’s market,” and how does anyone know which one we’re in?
Wonder no more, good friends. The next time you hear the oft thrown-around term, here’s what to call to mind:
A BUYER’S MARKET
• Lots of for sale signs around town and homes on the MLS
• Homes selling below listing price with several price cuts along the way
• Rising inventory levels and increase in days on market
• Population and job growth trending downward
• Sellers offering to pay points or closing costs or give allowances for new flooring or appliances
• Sellers regularly taking their home off-market for a few weeks, then relisting it, in an effort to make it appear “fresh”
A SELLER’S MARKET
• Fewer for sale signs around town and homes on the MLS
• More FSBOs because some think they don’t need an agent to sell
• Homes selling through word-of-mouth before they are even listed
• Low inventory levels and shorter days on market
• Job growth above average
But here’s the good news: whether you need to buy or sell, I can help! Send me a message and let’s chat about your real estate goals. Don’t put it off any longer—I can't wait to connect with you.