August Events in North Carolina
With August being the last full month of summer, there are plenty of local events and things to do in North Carolina. During this time, you could even consider it the busiest!
It's a great time to be in our state, whether you're just passing through or already live here. There are plenty of foodie fun, family-friendly festivals, and watery celebrations to enjoy in North Carolina in August.
- Blowing Rock Horse Show - Blowing Rock (Aug. 3-7)
- NC Watermelon Festival - Murfreesboro (Aug. 3-6)
- US Kids Golf Worl Championship - Pinehurst (Aug. 4-6)
- Fig Festival - Ocracoke (Aug 4-6)
- Robbins Farmers Day - Robbins (Aug. 4-6)
- North Carolina Mineral and Gem Festival - Spruce Pine (Aug. 4-7)
- National Lighthouse Weekend - Bald Mountain (Aug. 5)
- Mount Mitchell Crafts Fair - Burnsville (Aug. 5-6)
- Reevestock Music Festival - Elkin (Aug. 5-6)
- Denton Watermelon Festival - Denton (Aug. 6)
- Anniversary of the Battle at House in the Horseshoe - Sanford (Aug. 6)
- 7th Inning Stretch Festival - Shelby (Aug. 6)
- OBX Pirate Festival - NAgs Head (Aug. 10-11)
- NC State Bluegrass Festival - Marion (Aug. 18-20
- Doc Watson Day - Boone (Aug. 19)
- Waldensian Festival - Valdese (Aug. 13)
- Sourwood Festival - Black Mountain (Aug. 13-14)
- Concerts in the Commons - Wilkesboro (Aug. 13)
- Wahine Classic Surfing Competition - Wrightsville Beach (Aug. 13-14)
- Blowing Rock Plein Air Festival - Blowing Rock (Aug. 16-20)
- Tryon Palace Beer Festival - New Bern (Aug. 18)
- King Mackerel Tournament - Sneads Ferry (Aug. 19-20)
- Monster Truck Bash - Concord (Aug. 20)
- Franklin Area Folk Festival - Franklin (Aug. 20)
- Railroad Heritage Weekend at Tweetsie - Blowing Rock (Aug. 27-28)
- Lazy Daze Arts and Crafts Festival - Cary (Aug. 27-28)
As you can see there's a lot going on in August in North Carolina, and we hope you are as excited about it as we are!
If you attend any of the above events, please feel free to share pictures with us on our facebook page!
Enjoy the rest of the summer!!